As the Design Manager you will lead a team of designers and effect creative solutions from concept to completion. You will be responsible for workflow management through the studio, team development and mentorship, being a key brand advocate and also getting involved with hands on design and finished art when required.
You will be working in a supportive in-house studio environment located just north of Melbourne’s CBD.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with stakeholders across the business to take briefs and communicate on progress
- Responsible for design and artwork processes
- Mentoring and managing a growing team of permanent and freelance designers
- Ensuring briefs are delivered in a timely manner
- Leading weekly planning meetings
- Delivering solutions across touchpoints including packaging, campaign and marketing materials, visual merchandise and POS, digital
- Maintaining brand consistency
- Optimising digital media creative and assets
- Identifying opportunities to improve current workflow systems
You will have:
- 8+ years design experience
- Experience managing a design team
- Ability to create design solutions from briefs
- Strong understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, HTML5, After Effects
- Design experience across packaging, digital and print channels
- Strong finished art skills and knowledge of the print production process
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, collaborative and organisational skills
Please note, only suitable candidates with full Australian working rights will be contacted. Candidates who apply without a portfolio will not be considered.