This is a rare opportunity to own and deliver the content strategy and editorial output of a new digital channel. You will direct a small team of driven digital/video producers and writers in the development of unique and engaging Gen Y and Z news entertainment and pop-culture content.
The ideal candidate is an experienced digital editor from a content production or journalist background with bold ideas to create compelling viral content. You are a natural leader, strategically and commercially-minded, and solutions-driven.
• Strategically lead and create the editorial voice and face of the platform
• Provide a fresh take and opinion on news and popular culture coverage
• Commission, edit and create market-leading digital content - including headline and story selection and management, site page editing, news cycle planning and roll-out etc.
• Oversee, motivate and focus a hungry editorial team
• Use analytics and other site metrics to produce data-driven content; experimenting, while assessing results and responding
• Dynamically respond to user behaviour via incisive content marketing
• Develop and lead team in producing branded content (video, audio, written) which drives engagement and shareability
• Drive revenue through client editorial immersion sessions and ideation for sales
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to craft and deliver branded solutions in line with the editorial voice
• Extensive experience writing and editing engaging content for digital media brands, and minimum 2 years addressing a millennial audience
• Data-driven with analytics experience on Adobe, Google, Nielsen, and social tools
• Management and mentorship of an editorial/creative team of 3-5+ people
• Ability to multi-task, time manage, meet deadlines, and excellent organisational skills
• Good communication skills, planning, and analytically oriented
To apply please send your CV through to Lauren at: email@example.com Ref No. SY8179