Are you looking for a new role in early 2022?
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join a well-established creative agency based in Melbourne with offices located in Melbourne and Sydney.
Someone who loves using new technologies in creative ways to create user experiences no one else thought possible.
- Applying cutting-edge and best practice technology and software development methodologies to make our clients’ customers, our clients and our colleagues live better.
- Follow established principles and contribute to the development standard for the digital team.
- Working with architects, other engineers, analysts, producers, UX, visuals designers and other capabilities within the agency in a collaborative way to scope, estimate and plan project delivery.
- Tackling complex engineering problems and prides themselves on producing quality, tested and documented code.
- This role suits someone who is keen to do ground-breaking work and build a team around them. This will naturally suit someone who loves diversity in challenges, enjoys working with others to better themselves and is a proactive problem solver.
- Collaborate with the Technical Directors to maintain and assist with defining the roadmap of the team.
- Manage the F/S engineering team and be responsible for the mentoring of team members, maintaining and expanding our engineering process to consistently stay up to date with the changes in software engineering to ultimately deliver best in class digital project with the team.
- Scoping technical requirements, solution documentation/architecture, and feasibility of concepts and projects.
- Work closely with Digital Producers, Digital Designers, UX Designers, Developers and QA Testers.
- Use exceptional interpersonal skills to establish best F/S practices and processes for the department.
- Working with architects, backend developers and DevOps to develop highly available, scalable, and secured backend microservices and data engineering projects
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of digital development practices, processes, and procedures
- Build capability as a Subject Matter Expert of AWS/Kubernetes/OpenShift/Data warehousing environments
- Extensive Experience across Java, Node.JS/TypeScript & Python including designing and implementing RESTful API- based applications
- Extensive experiences with SQL and a SQL RDBMS (i.e. PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle DB) and ORM
- Extensive Experience of schema design, ETL process is required, data warehousing design and implementation is highly regarded
- Extensive Experiences working in a UNIX environment, using Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experiences building responsive and dynamic sites using HTML5 and CSS3 is highly regarded
- Experience writing ES6 code, the React ecosystem (React, Redux, Styled-components) and modern build stack (Webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, etc.) is highly regarded
- Fluency with Git version control is a must.
- Experience within Agile teams and their practises
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline (e.g: Jenkins, BitBucket Pipelines) is highly desirable.
- Experience with one of building applications on AWS/Azure/GCP is highly desirable.
- Experience with a CMS system such as Adobe Experience Manager, SiteCore, EpiServer, Contentful, WordPress and/or other CMSes is desirable.
Hit apply or connect with me via LinkedIn to find out more! - https://linktr.ee/Tommyrec91