25 days ago
Looking for a Studio Director for an innovative design studio who focus on strategy, data and service design.
For this agency, the most innovative solutions are found through solving the problem facing the users first and then designing a more efficient and smarter solution.
This is a newly created role for their Sydney office & has come about due to rapid, but very organic, growth over the last few years in both their Sydney and Melbourne office, as well as the opening of an international office which is meaning they are needing someone new to oversee Sydney.
They already have an impressive list of clients including major Australian financial companies, Government, healthcare and retail
• You will have a lot of freedom to guide, shape and grow this innovative design studio
• Overseeing a team of about 20 in the Sydney which includes researchers, integrated product designers and visual designers
• You will be responsible for managing staff development and retention.
• Develop processes to mentor, inspire and empower studio talent
• Manage a P&L, overseeing that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• You will directly drive sales by building and maintaining successful and highly productive relationships with new and existing clients
• Oversee project flow, deadlines and budgets
• Assess current processes and systems to identify improvements – recommending short and long terms fixes.
• You will be reporting into group level directors
• driving the creative vision and strategy that in turn drive sales and profit
• Lead the studio knowing that the greatest cost-base is the creative, not account service / management as this is core to the business
• Grow the Sydney team by a third in the next year
• Potentially develop new industries
What you need:
• Ideally you will come from a similar position as a Director or Senior Manager
• 6+ years in leadership role, managing costs, P&L as well as staff development and retention
• Experience driving sales through innovation and a people-first approach
• Experience overseeing multiple projects with large and high-profile clients
• Agency / consulting experience is preferred (although client side will be considered)
• A formal design training would be preferential and you must have a solid understanding of design methodology
• A background in service, strategy or data design
• knowledge of an integrated product design process is preferrable
If you are interested in knowing more about the role, please apply with your CV to Dani or call 02 9699 9566 to have a confidential chat.
Ref No. SY8419