Want a company who supports learning and growth?
Interested in doing more DevOps?
This management consultancy provides full stack support to their clients in finance, energy, telecommunications and government across Australia and due to expansion into new clients and technologies, they are looking to grow their team.
As an IT Engineer/System Administrator Engineer, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day management of IT infrastructure, user management, helpdesk duties and more.
What’s so great about this role? You’ll get the opportunity to really push your career forward with all the teaching/training tools and budgets on offer. This company will really suit someone who is constantly evolving and keeping up with emerging technology - a never ending learning mindset.
The successful candidate will have a broad coverage of the below and will have a drive to self-educate and grow their knowledge and experience with the tools provided.
• a sound technical background, ideally with multiple technologies and platforms.
○ Windows and Linux administration
○ OSX usage and administration
○ User management through LDAP and/or Active Directory.
• Exposure to Big Data platforms, primarily the Hadoop ecosystem
○ Vanilla Apache hadoop
○ Major distributions including Cloudera, MapR and Hortonworks.
• Experience with cloud and virtual technologies
○ Virtualisation with VMWare or OpenStack
○ Cloud technology, including AWS, Google and Azure.
• Experience with automation and containerisation
○ Docker containerisation / Kubernetes
○ Chef, Puppet, Saltstack and/or Ansible automation frameworks
○ Dedicated automation and deployment scripts.
• Experience with database administration (DBA) on platforms including Postgres, MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server
• The ability to create and execute processes and procedures
• An ability to organise and plan work for the team
• Capability to assess and interpret client requests into viable technical solutions
• Eexperience in managing stakeholder expectations
• An ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• A calm under pressure approach to their work.