Georgia Hart Podcast, Candidates
Applying for a new role can be a daunting process. Our podcasts are here to make the process as seamless as possible, by providing you with the information and tools you need to land your next dream role. Hosted by our experienced Australia, Hong Kong and UK teams, we aim to help you stand out and showcase your ability and experience.
Listen to our latest podcast - trends in the digital and technical recruitment market with Georgia Hart
What are the biggest challenges in your particular market? How to stand out?
- Increase in competition
- You really need to make yourself stand out from the crowd
- In the dev space, the candidates can be in very high demand, they often get headhunted a lot
- Keep your LinkedIn profile updated and include the latest technologies you’re using
- If you keep your details current, you will be contacted for the right roles
- Everyone knows everyone, it’s all about who you know rather than what you know
- Networking is so important, it’s about contributing to the community
- Go to conferences and attend meet-ups, talk and get to know people
- Keep your CV short, and to the point, 2 or 3 pages is more than enough
- People want to know and see what your technology experience is, bullet point this rather than writing paragraphs after paragraphs
What trends are you seeing?
- The product space is popular, everyone wants to work on longer-term projects
- Product companies and the start-ups
- Up-skill where required to show your passion and desire to learn
- Personality traits are favoured, more than your technical capabilities
- Go to meet-ups, candidates working on their own projects outside of work. It’s not just a job but because they love it! Evidence of personal projects may get you the job
- Clients want people who are engaged with the company
- Technology has become a lot more creative
What really impresses you?
- Probably the places where they have previously worked
- Their technology stack and broader knowledge
- Demonstrating you can do the skills but also have a desire to learn
- Be honest and transparent of what you can and cannot do
- Being very specific with their project examples and responsibilities
About Georgia Hart
Georgia moved to Melbourne from the UK, about 2 years ago. She recruits for the digital and tech sector, in particular in the roles of web development, IT, dev ops and software engineers. Georgia works across a wide range of companies, small to medium size businesses, including eCommerce and retail.
Check back to www.becomerecruitment.com/podcast to keep up to date with all the latest news and podcasts.