Daniel French Candidates, Clients
Auckland is full of hidden wonders and great places to meet both clients & candidates alike, so having a list of great cafes for meetings is essential. Take our tour of the hot spots on our list:
- Starting off in the centre of it all is Chuffed, hidden down an unassuming corridor at 43 High Street, chuffed is one of the city centres hidden oases. Chuffed is the relaxed urban café, hidden in its back courtyard so you won’t be competing with the noise of the city. You will be guaranteed a good coffee and a unique meeting spot.
- Next, we hop and skip over to the other side of the city to the City Works Depo and The Botanist. Café by day, Wine bar by night, and florist all the time, The Botanist in the City Works Depo at 90 Wellesley Street West is the perfect spot for a catch up with the many creatives that are biased in and around the industrial chic of the CWD precinct.
- Time to head to Britomart and L’Assiette, Auckland City’s take on a modern French Café. Out the back of Britomart’s Takutai Square, at 8 Britomart place, L’Assiette is Auckland’s little bit of Paris, great coffee, pastries, and of course all with that strong French Accent. The perfect relaxed vibe down by the waterfront for any meeting.
- Heading over to Parnell now, we have Rosie. At 82 Gladstone Rd in Parnell, Rosie is the classic local to the many Ad agencies that call Parnell home base. Whether it be a quick coffee to talk over someone’s portfolio or a client lunch Rosie is the place to be in Parnell.
- A little bit down the Hill in Parnell we have The Red Rabbit Coffee Co. Known for their own roasted coffee, as soon as you walk into Red Rabbit at Shed 3, 7-15 Faraday Street, you will be surrounded by the aroma of good coffee. This funky warehouse space is the perfect spot for a coffee and a catch up with any candidate.
- Next stop is Newmarket and L’affair on Melrose. Behind the hustle and bustle that is Newmarket is L’affair at 22 Melrose Street, Whoever designed this café space deserves an award. From their perfect coffee to their ample chic seating areas L’affair is the perfect meeting spot that is neither too uptight or laid back.
- Continuing our loop of Auckland now, with Mt Eden’s Frasers. Frasers is the original Mt Eden institution on the corner of Mt Eden & Stokes Rd. Thanks to a recent facelift the home of Mt Eden’s coffee culture is once again a great place for a coffee and a catch-up, with a cheeky bit of cheesecake on the side.
- With Kingsland becoming the home to many new creative agencies, we now make a stop off at Atomics’ HQ 420 New North Road. Being the next up in coming area Kingsland is now full of Creatives, and where better to get to know them a bit better than at Atomics HQ, with its modern and stylish vibe setting the perfect tone as a meeting spot.
To end of our round trip of Auckland Cafes, we have hit the hub of creative that is Ponsonby, home to many creative and digital brands and agencies, as well as become Auckland.
- First, stop Little Bird Unbakery. Just off Ponsonby Rd at 1a Summer St, Little Bird’s Unbakery is the perfect relaxed spot to get to know a candidate. The Unbakery is Ponsonby’s not so guilty little secret, with great coffee and treats, it’s the perfect place to pop in and get to know a candidate.
- To end it all off we are at Dear Jervois. A little bit further back from central Ponsonby at 234 Jervois Rd, Dear Jervois is one of the most well-known spots in the area, and that is for a reason. Stylish and fabulous with great food and even better coffee, Dear Jervois is great for any meeting or team catch up.
Fancy a chat with one of our Auckland team at one of these fantastic spots? Contact us here.